Setting up of EGD is as easy as that of Colonoscopy.
- Supplies/Equipments used:
a. Stretcher in room
b. Pentax Tower – Enter patient info on Endo Pro
d. Roll (2 Bed Linens)
1. Set up room. Order procedure through Endo Pro.
2. Interview patient. Check CONSENT and lab works, if ordered.
3. Position patient on Lateral Left, place roll behind patient’s back.
4. Annotate pictures, if needed.
5. Obtain bottle, if needed.
6. Stickers for the specimen bottle, if needed.
It is a fast procedure. I was on the middle of charting when I saw the Dr wrapping up the procedure.
Attached Image: Courtesy of www.Zuberi.net